Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Review

I really had my doubts. It may be the Indiana Jones franchise, it may be Steven Spielberg, it may be Harrison Ford and Shia Labeouf. But there was still that chance that the movie would turn out to be a petty imitation of the past Indiana Jones movies.

Well, I was wrong. But I wasn't entirely wrong.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull still delivers humor, wit, action, and adventure like the old installments. While each scene had its glorious moments, it is undeniable that the glory felt would end as the scene ends. It was like the audience really wanted this movie to be really good that each negative point of a scene is set aside to highlight the good ones.

I'm not saying the scenes were full of negative points. They were actually fun and enjoyable. I especially liked the scene at the restaurant where Shia LaBeouf sparked a battle between greasers/bikers and jockeys/students. I only had a problem with how hurried each scene seemed. It was like they were trying to squeeze the scenes in limited amount of time.

I had no problems with the actors because they did a great job. Harrison Ford did seem a little rusty but then he's not young anymore, on and off the screen. Shia LaBeouf was Mutt, and when I say this I mean he was great. I had a problem with Cate Blanchett's accent; it was thick that it was obvious she wasn't Russian.

But the real problem I had with the movie was the... spoiler alert... aliens. They came from another dimension and another time, though, and not from outer space. Still, they're aliens to me.

Just think about it. Indiana Jones with all his archaeological adventures dealing with aliens? This was certainly a surprise, because I thought the whole setting of the movie franchise would be all about the mysterious history of mankind with some ancient trinkets involved.

I'm sure if it wasn't for the aliens, and for the squeezed-in feeling, I would have really enjoyed Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull without complaints.

No comments: