Matrim "Mat" Cauthon Quotes

My favorite character from The Wheel of Time series by fantasy writer Robert Jordan is definitely a plucky and clever one. If Matrim Cauthon, or simply Mat, wasn't present in the books as one of the protagonists, a ta'veren, I don't think I'd be as addicted to The Wheel of Time as I presently am.

"Burn me!!"

"Blood and bloody ashes!"

"Never dance with a girl whose brothers have knife scars."

"One pretty woman means fun at the dance.
Two pretty women mean trouble in the house.
Three pretty women mean run for the hills."


"Taking responsibility takes all the joy out of life, and drains a man to dust."

"Always leave a way out, unless you really want to find out how hard a man can fight when he’s nothing to lose."

"No wine for me. Strange enough things happen when my head is clear. I want to know the difference."

"What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then?"

"Luck is a horse to ride like any other."

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."
"Time to toss the dice."

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"For the honor of the Red Eagle!. For the honor of the Rose of the Sun!. The Rose of the Sun!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, definitely the best WOT character. Especially loved how his character developed in the last release - Knife of Dreams. Can't wait for more of Mat, Prince of Battles.