Kaka On Time 100

I certainly didn't expect Kaka to be included in Time's 100 Most Influential People of the World for 2008, but I salute them! Lining up with Oprah Winfrey, Brangelina, Andre Agassi and others in the most influential Heroes and Pioneers, Kaka's presence in the list caused great joy to his fans... yet also confusion to those who think he doesn't deserve it.

I'm a fan of Kaka, and I was glad he got a spot in the Time 100. He certainly deserves it as he is not only one of the most successful world-class footballers, but also a U.N. ambassador and devout Christian. He is also one of the most humble players in a sport where fame and money can easily turn you into a party animal when you're not careful (yes, I'm talking about C.Ronaldo).

The article written by Kasey Keller was short and wasn't really that informative or detailed. But it was as direct as it can be of the efforts that Kaka has put on for the sport and for the world. He is a great model for the youngsters who wish to become footballers themselves.

Some critics ask, why put him, a soccer player, on the list? Bear in mind that the list is about influential people. In the world of sports, and especially of football/soccer, everyone knows the name of Kaka and everyone regards him as one of the best players in the sport. He has received many honours and awards as proof of that.

Kaka's fame as a successful soccer player, while still clinging on to his morals and principles, is influential enough for people like me who have read about many players gone wild and distracted.

2 comments:

Finally Woken said...

Hi, I love this template and have been trying to apply it to my own blog but I'm not that CSS savvy :(. Well done. Your blog looks nice!

NytMer said...

Thanks! I'm not CSS savvy myself but I got through by following instructions and tidbits from template experts. Why don't you try going to jackbook.com , I got my template from them. ^_^