My Blogger Favicon

See the small image beside my URL address? That's a favicon. It's short for "favorites icon" and is used as a website icon. I wanted to put one on my blog earlier but only go the chance to do so today.

Some say that you have to convert the image to a .ico file in order to put it on your blog. But Web browsers today have eventually made it easier for us bloggers by making a .png and a .jpeg file to become a favicon as well.

Evidently, there are two ways to install a favicon on our blog. One is by converting an image into a .ico file and putting it in the root directory of the blog. Another way --- the easier way and the one I used --- is to put in an ordinary .png or .jpeg file, by putting this command on the head section of your blog's html:

link href="/path/image.png" rel="icon" type="image/png"


My favicon is temporary. I'm still looking for that one image for my blog. I wanted something like the card picture (second one on the right) but the details of the picture wouldn't be seen if the picture was resized to 16-25 pixels. My other candidates for my favicon is pretty much all about the Virgo sign. But I'm still looking, still looking...

No comments: