Computer Down Again


Our computer is one of the most used appliances in our home (aside from the fridge, fans, tv, and DVD player). It was one of the main sources of entertainment for us --- my brother likes to download songs and play Diablo and Warcraft, my sister goes to Friendster and is currently addicted to Mahjongg Mystery, and I consider myself an average internet freak.

So it was obvious what would happen if the computer broke down. It would lead to reruns of DVDs, more news updates on TV, more soap operas, more sleeping, and more quiet days. These things happened for more than two weeks when our monitor broke down.

Now the computer is down again. I'm the one to blame... partly. I only wanted to install Adobe Photoshop on our computer and the file I downloaded ended up giving us a spyware.

> I curse the dude who uploaded the file! <

It sucked... big time. Still does, because I still can't get the spyware of the system. The antivirus can't erase it, and it seems like even Spybot can't either (guess it also got infected). Our screen is a bloody red with a bold warning to get some protection and some of our programs are lost somewhere in the system. A lot of our private files are also in danger.

There doesn't seem to be any choice now but to reformat the computer. I have been meaning to do this, but only after all downloads were done and I've made a copy of all the files. I guess my procrastination led to this unwelcomed "karma." Now there's no stopping it, and there's no chance of saving the files in the computer. It really sucks.

No comments: