Drooling For New Books

I went to the National Book Store earlier today, and drooled over the books again. I've had a mental list of books I've been planning to buy for quite some time now. I can't seem to find them at the store. Instead, I found new targets... new entries on my book list...

The Dark Is Rising (Boxed Set)

I've seen the movie. The story was great, though the way it was directed was a little crappy for me. It was a little hurried, if you ask me. It felt like they did not concentrate on the flow of the story, and instead just made the movie because of the popularity that these type of movies had (movies based on fantasy novels like LOTR, and The Spiderwick Chronicles).

I haven't read the book yet and I really want to. So when I saw the boxed set, I kind of went "oooohhh.." in my mind. I really miss fantasy books like these. I think I'm gonna put this set on the top of my list.

Phillipa Gregory Books

I'm a sucker for "what-if" stories based on history and true events. So when I heard of The Other Boleyn Girl movie depicting Anne Boleyn as an ambitious queen and the villain of the story, I was very intrigued. Her other books on the other royalties of England, Scotland, and Aragon caught me with an "oooohhh..." as well.

The Constant Princess - a story on the early life of Katherine of Aragon
The Other Boleyn Girl - this centers mainly on sisters Mary and Anne Boleyn
The Boleyn Inheritance - another book focusing on the reign of Anne Boleyn as queen of England, with her cousins Katherine and Jane Boleyn mixing in the plot
The Queen's Fool - centers on Mary Tudor as her half-sister Elizabeth I waits for her to make a mistake and take over the throne of England
The Virgin’s Lover - Elizabeth I's reign, wherein an assassin is just somewhere close
The Other Queen (Mary Queen of Scots) - not yet available


Droooooooollll......
Now if only I had more money...


No comments: