2 Years Too Late On Krrish


Most people I know would not know of the movie Krrish.. heck,I doubt if they even know the term 'Bollywood.' My sister didn't know about it until I told her about the Indian films. She didn't know it's what we call Bollywood.

I guess I shouldn't be so uppity about it. After all, I've only seen two Bollywood movies so far. Filipinos aren't also that acquainted with Indian films. Korean, Japanese, Chinese --- they'll know a lot. But Indian and Bollywood? It's not so popular here. I'm already 2 years late in viewing it! It was released on 2006.

One of the Bollywood films that I've watched is Krrish, with award-winning Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan as the lead character. He plays the son of a genius man who was given superhuman powers by an alien. As a result, Hrithik Roshan's character, by the name of Krishna, was also endowed with superhuman abilities. Here's a scene from the movie where he beats out a couple of lowly gangsters that stole his girlfriend's ring.



The story mainly focuses on Krishna trying to conceal his powers, his love life with a ditzy girl, and what had happened to his father. If I ignore all the cheesy moments when he's with the girl (sorry, I am not familiar with the actress yet), I'd say the movie was really entertaining!

Well, to be more critical of the movie, the special effects were very obvious. The stunts were incredible, but not believable. Given that he has superhuman powers, I guess it should be believable. It was the cinematography and choreography that was at fault, I think. Too many slow mos.

While I commend Hrithik Roshan for his athletic abilities which he displayed in the movie, I have a problem with his overexaggerated acting at times.

Still, I enjoyed the movie... fast-forwarding the scenes where they sing and dance, of course. So cheesy.

No comments: