Federer and Nadal Broke My Heart

Rafael Nadal did it again. He dethroned Roger Federer once again, this time in the Australian Open last weekend. I cringe whenever I recall the match. Federer made a lot of mistakes and they contributed a lot to Nadal's victory. On the last set, with Nadal leading at 5-2, I was seriously hoping that Federer would turn the tables and catch up to become the champion. But alas, Nadal was persistent and Federer crumbled.

I felt like crying together with Federer. I have nothing against Rafa. He's another one of my favorite players in lawn tennis, and I'm glad that it was he who took over the World Number 1 title (instead of some egoistic bigmouth like Andy Murray). But in choosing between him and Federer, I'm all for Roger Federer!

They broke my heart, especially when Federer cried in the end. To the greatest player of all time: It's killing me, too!

No comments: