Keanu Reeves As Spike Spiegel

My love for Keanu Reeves is still alive, and it has been burning brighter when I heard he would be playing Spike Spiegel in the live action movie of the popular anime Cowboy Bebop. As I think more about it, the more I'm in for him having the role. I really wouldn't have it any other way!

Keanu has been in a lot of fire with his acting skills because of his blank expressions. His latest movie, The Day the Earth Stood Still, gave him a rain of criticisms because of this. I won't argue with this because I know this to be true. But I don't think this will be the case with Cowboy Bebop.

For one, the movie has a futuristic setting, with space mobiles and lots of action. We've seen Keanu as Neo in the Matrix trilogies, didn't we? There's also the character of Spike Spiegel, arrogant, cocky, with the kind of laid-back attitude of a cool cowboy. Keanu as Constantine was cool, and Keanu in Speed and Street Kings was cocky and arrogant.

The only problem I see, and what I'm really itching to see, is the funny and quirky expressions by Spike Spiegel at times of humorous setbacks like having a female, a kid, and a dog on his ship. I'm not sure how he'll do, but I'm excited as to how Keanu will take this into the screen.

No comments: