The Different Sounds of Pachelbel's Canon

After reminiscing on classical music and such, I still find Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D major to be one of my favorite music of all time. I don't think I'm the only one. Canon in D is Pachelbel's most popular music. For us here in the Eastern side of the globe, especially those who aren't really into classical music, I think the Canon became more popular with it being the soundtrack of hit Korean movie My Sassy Girl:



Canon in D major was made in the Baroque period, and was scored for three violins and basso continuo paired with a gigue. It usually has a slow tempo but has had faster renditions.



But the music has been adapted to other arrangements and other instruments:

Piano solo:



Violin, Cello, and Harp:



I'm not sure (I think this is an organ with guitar, but I'm no expert..):



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Pachelbel's canon in D!!!
I'm glad to find some people in this planet who are addicted to classical music and canon in D. It's my favorite piece ever! I love it when hino in La Corda d'oro played it!
Pls. E- mail me at Fallenstarz_318@yahoo.com.

NytMer said...

A fellow La Corda D'Oro fan! I loved the music they play there too! This anime was actually the inspiration behind this blog post. I even dloaded the 4 soundtracks from the anime.. haha! :D

I uploaded my fave classical music in my multiply; you might want to visit:

A Touch of the Classicals